OpenText again named a leader in the IDC MarketScape report
For the second time, OpenText has announced it's been named a Leader in the 2021 IDC MarketScape report.
The IDC MarketScape: Worldwide Multi-Enterprise Supply Chain Commerce Network 2021 Vendor Assessment report evaluates multi-enterprise supply chain vendors success based on capability and business strategy.
"As a proven vendor in the supply chain commerce network (SCCN) space, OpenText succeeds because of its scale, expertise, global reach, and focus on investment and growth," the report states.
IDC program vice president, Simon Ellis, says recent years have emphasised how crucial multi-enterprise supply chain commerce networks are to the current and future supply chain.
"OpenText Business Network combines managed services and cloud-based supply chain applications to facilitate efficient, secure, and compliant collaboration between people, systems, and things, providing a true foundation for establishing a future-proof digital backbone to support business growth and transformation initiatives," he says.
The report specifically notes the following about OpenText:
- The largest connected community with global scale and reach over one million companies connected to its network that collectively process over 26 billion transactions per year, with a combined value of $9 trillion in commerce per year.
- An integration depth and breadth, from adapters and native support for SAP to one-to-one application mapping, a library of more than 5,000 canonical maps, API-based and web services integration, and more.
- Over 200 API connectors for integration to internal business systems such as ERP, CRM, HCM, TMS, and WMS.
- Strategic partnership with SAP Endorsed Business Solution (EBS) for managed services.
- The breadth of trading partner enablers, including intelligent capture to convert fax and emails into EDI/XML and embedded into Microsoft Office Excel.
- Self-service capabilities to ensure customers have flexibility and control over their SCCN services and trading partner information.
- Unique OpenText Identity and Access Management information security and collaboration.
"The recent and increasingly frequent, global supply chain disruptions have accelerated the need for companies to invest in integrated, cloud-based supply chain networks that provide greater flexibility in how companies manage operations," says OpenText senior vice president and chief marketing officer, Lou Blatt.
"OpenText's Trading Grid environment delivers a unified integration platform that allows companies to digitise information flows across the internal and external business ecosystems."
Eric Nelson, IT director of Business Systems at Cree Lighting, says, "We needed to improve our EDI platform and supply chain network to more easily receive and transmit information with domestic and overseas trading partners, as well as minimise the need for manual intervention.
"OpenText provides us with managed services from a trusted partner, so we can focus internal expertise on accelerating business automation, optimising our resources, and reducing costs."
OpenText Business Network provides a cloud-based integration platform that helps manage the entire data lifecycle, from information capture and exchange to integration and governance.