Google & Dell launch Chromebooks for the enterprise
Google is releasing a new series of Chromebooks tailored to the enterprise, thanks to a partnership with Dell.
In a shakeup of the Chrome Enterprise ecosystem, businesses will now be able to access the cloud-first Chrome OS on Dell’s reputable hardware.
The first enterprise Chromebooks will include the Dell Latitude 5400 and Dell Latitude 5300 2-in-1. The new Chromebooks include a combination of Dell hardware and endpoint management platform Unified Workspace, as well as Chrome OS.
The core of our business is to help customers digitally transform and our enterprise customers have asked for more choice in how they do that," comments Dell Technologies vice president of commercial client product group, Rahul Tikoo.
"Partnering with Google to launch the first Dell Latitude Chromebook Enterprise offers customers that choice, plus the speed, security and ease of use that enterprises need."
The out-of-the-box Chromebook Enterprise devices and existing Chromebooks with the Chrome Enterprise Upgrade also offer enterprise capabilities including advanced security protection, simplified management, and flexible access.
This is all controlled through the Google Admin console for Chrome OS, which helps businesses manage Chromebook deployments. Google has upgraded the Admin console to include updated material design, search on every page, and redesigned workflows.
Chrome OS VP John Soloman states that the Dell Latitude Chromebook Enterprise devices offer:
- Security by design: Combining Chrome Enterprise’s multi-layered security with the Dell Latitude, end users are protected against threats, and IT admins can easily provision, monitor and lock down all devices while ensuring regular and controlled OS updates.
- Global availability and support: Dell Latitude Chromebook Enterprise devices are available in 50 countries, 24/7 year-round Dell ProSupport1 alongside Chrome Enterprise support.
- IT-trusted hardware: With their scalable design, high performance, and powerful battery life, Dell Latitude devices are widely trusted by IT. Two form factors, the 14-inch Latitude 5400 and the 13-inch Latitude 5300 2-in-1, can be configured with up to 8th Gen Intel Core i5 and i7 processors. These Chromebooks are the first to offer up to 32GB and 1TB PCI-E NVMe SSD storage. They also offer LTE options and USB Type-C docking.
- Cloud-native apps: Dell Technologies will also be a reseller of G Suite, and Drive Enterprise—which includes Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides—so teams can securely store, share, and access files of any kind, either offline or online. Cloud-first tools can make it easy for teams to work together and get things done fast.
- All of this is backed by Dell Technologies Unified Workspace, the industry’s most comprehensive solution to deploy, secure, manage and support virtually all devices from the cloud.
“We’ll continue to listen deeply to the needs of our customers and partners as we make the modern OS even better and more accessible,” concludes Soloman.