Introducing the Finance Futurists
2020 is a year of rapid and expansive change, and the world of finance is no exception to this.
With a changing environment comes the need for a corresponding transformation of the concept of ‘business as usual’, and upheavals in markets caused principally by the COVID-19 pandemic has called for organisations to innovate in order to thrive.
CFOs and other finance professionals have been on the front line of this push, and this year, a handful of them have stood out.
Sage, a leader in cloud business management solutions, has announced the inaugural list of Finance Futurists, a group of ‘the most visionary finance professionals across the globe’.
The ten winners - chosen from Australia, the UK, US, Canada and France, were carefully selected in a rigorous selection process validated by Sage leaders. Each has been given a nickname title - from ‘the Mindful Philosopher’ to ‘the Experienced Realist’ and ‘the Optimistic Technophile’.
These professionals have been acknowledged for their contributions to their business and industry, and have shown a commitment to technological innovation and evolution, as well as outstanding leadership qualities.
“CFOs play a pivotal role in driving digital transformation for their companies,” Sage executive vice president for Asia Pacific, Kerry Agiasotis.
“Recent research conducted by Sage revealed a rapid shift in the digitalisation of the finance industry over the past five years.
“Despite this, most CFOs don’t see themselves as drivers of digital transformation and consequently may not be using financial management technology to its full potential.
“The Finance Futurists serve to bridge this gap, recognising and celebrating CFOs who are achieving technology-driven transformation within their organisations.”
To meet the new faces of finance, watch the video below.
The complete list of Finance Futurists is as follows:
- Nunzio Giunta, founder and managing partner of Giuntabell Pty Ltd (Australia)
- Magdalena Kosior-Molloy, CFO/COO of Holman Webb Lawyers (Australia)
- Michel Balsan, chief financial & administrative officer of Société d'Exploitation de la Tour Eiffel (France)
- Tom Coward, CFO of Cytora (UK)
- Lewis Dangerfield, CFO of Osprey Group (UK)
- Jeffery Giavotella, CFO of Ballard Brands (US)
- Hemant Kumar, CFO of SOL-MILLENNIUM Medical Group (US)
- Tiffini Masessa, CFO of Forward Merch (US)
- Francois Rey, CFO of Diam Bouchage (France)
- Aqsa Zubair, FinTech specialist for Bermuda Monetary Authority (Canada)
Finance Futurists follows Sage’s recent ‘CFO 3.0: Digital transformation beyond financial management' report, which examined the evolving roles of CFOs across the world. It found that leading finance professionals are taking on a broader strategic role and personally driving digital transformation across their organisations.
For more information on Finance Futurists and the digital transformation of the CFO role, click here.